The word SUGGEST has appeared in at least 22 clues on different crosswords.
• (transitive) To recommend.
• to imply but stop short of saying directly
• to recommend
• To imply but stop short of saying explicitly.
• (transitive) To ask for without demanding.
• to ask for without demanding
• To recommend.
• call to mind; "this remark evoked sadness"
• give out an odor, scent or perfume (odour)
• to make one suppose
• imply as a possibility; "The evidence suggests a need for more clarification"
• To ask for without demanding.
• drop a hint; intimate by a hint
• To make one suppose; cause one to suppose (something).
• invite (attention to)
• make a proposal, declare a plan for something; "the senator proposed to abolish the sales tax"
• To seduce; to prompt to evil; to tempt.
• (transitive) To imply but stop short of saying explicitly.
|Call to mind|
|Call up by association.|
|"Guests, milling about initially, get hint (7)"|
|Drop a hint|
|Guests beginning to get drunk and intimate|
|Lead to believe that you'll propose|
|Imply Madness singer has time to take ecstasy|
Type in your clue and hit Search!
Fill the crossword solver with the word your are looking for. Use '?' for unknown letters.
If you only have the first letter(s) of a word, type the letter(s) below.
If you only have the last letter(s) of a word, type the letter(s) below.